Most people we meet have a transactional relationship with their tax advisor, focused on completing their returns and minimizing next year’s bill. We help transform this relationship into a proactive partnership focused on reducing both current as well as future income tax liabilities.
We take pride in keeping up-to-date in the latest developments in the tax code. Below are some common areas of focus:
- Opportunities – We conduct a thorough review of your situation to determine if any tactics or strategies may have potentially been overlooked.
- Portfolio Spending Strategies – We analyze which accounts to draw down first in retirement, and how to mitigate the impact of required minimum distributions.
- Retirement Plans – For those who are self-employed or own a business, we review the latest developments in retirement plan design and deferred compensation arrangements to help maximize personal benefits while minimizing overall plan costs.
- Entity Selection – In conjunction with your other advisors, we help evaluate whether to explore alternate tax structures, such as various corporations, trusts, etc.
- Sophisticated Strategies – In some cases, more advanced techniques may be in order. Examples may include captive insurance strategies, Opportunity Zone investments, private placement insurance, etc.