Solving Today’s Retirement Dilemma
Retiring has never been more challenging.
Life expectancies are rising, requiring your savings to last that many more years. Pensions are disappearing, so the burden of investment risk falls on you. Meanwhile, yields on CDs, stocks, and bonds are shrinking, and remain at historically low levels.
If you feel like this is a difficult puzzle to solve, you’re not alone. Unfortunately, some advisors may not up to the task. Given the complexity involved, retirement income planning is a specialist’s job. Enlisting the help of a generalist advisor is like asking the family doctor to do heart surgery. They’ll do their best, but they may not be equipped with the tools to do this right.
Over the next few pages, we’ll outline how we put the pieces together for you to enjoy the retirement you envision. Some of the steps include:
- Making the most of your employer’s retirement plans
- Optimizing government benefit programs like Social Security and Medicare
- Assessing and mitigating the primary risks to your personal net worth
- Minimizing income taxes over your lifetime
- Structuring your portfolio to produce the income and growth needed to sustain your lifestyle
To get a sense for how this works, you might be interested in a visual overview of our process.